Saturday, November 27, 2010

paddle pop sticks, weetbix & macaroni - building materials of the future

Was just reading a very funny blog about school christmas crafts and gold glitter macaroni, which reminded me that I have numerous christmas decorations made of paddle pop sticks, cellophane and of course....
gold painted macaroni.......



So what everyone says... but some of mine are well over 20 years old!!!! 

The paddle pop sticks are very well preserved, not a termite or splinter in sight.......... the cellophane is a bit crinkly but still intact........ and the gold macaroni is pristine!!!!!

What happens when we ingest it?????



I can picture an archeological dig in 1000 years time......"oh yes and the people of this region ate a strange shaped gold wheat product' it has been found in abundance...... bit like the honey found in the pharoah's tombs.... still good enough to eat all this time later......
 
Which brings me to weet bix, ever had to try and scrape or soften weet bix from a bowl after it has been left on the sink for a few hours??????? 

I must admit when contemplating a minor building project and I found I was out of builders blog it did cross my mind, anyway it worked brilliantly and is still holding something up about 15 years later........

Next house I build I know what I am using... forget the mud bricks.... straw or more conventional building materials,

.....mine is going to be the paddlepop stick and weet bix house......



No comments:

Post a Comment